Saturday, 7 June 2014
Should Scotland be an Independent Country? - Glasgow Skeptics
Yr Aflonyddwch Mawr says this debate shows a degree of maturity of the debate in Scotland with even the anti independence speakers showing some degree of accommodation to the idea of an Independent Scotland..
The largest open debate of the referendum campaign to date, hosted by Glasgow Skeptics.
Arguing for a Yes vote:
* Tasmina Ahmed-Sheikh, Scottish National Party
* Patrick Harvie MSP, Scottish Green Party
* Jonathon Shafi, Radical Independence Campaign
Arguing for a No vote:
* Jackson Carlaw MSP, Scottish Conservatives
* Jackie Ballie MSP, Scottish Labour Party
* Willie Rennie MSP, Scottish Liberal Democrats
The debate was chaired by Dr Neil McGarvey of the University of Strathclyde.
Posted by nickglais at 07:43